Today we left the hotel at 8:30 and headed for the electronics mall. There are 7 floors of computers, photography and other electronics, but mostly we are interested in the bootleg DVDs. The way you find the DVD store is someone approaches you with a DVD cover, surreptitiously leads you up past the 7th floor to a back room with all kinds of DVDs. I got 16 DVDs for about $20 (one of them contains 19 Audrey Hepburn movies). 4 of them say that they are Blue-Ray, but they probably aren't.. Then Robert and I both bought iLife 09 for $5 (it's $79 at home). Lunch was at KFC and I felt kind of nauseous afterwards.
In the bus, I tried to play one of my "Blue Ray" DVDs in my mac and it wouldn't play, it also wouldn't eject. When I did finally get it ejected, there was a Dove candy wrapper stuck to the back of the DVD (probably from my backpack). Now, I can't get a DVD or CD to go and stay in the slot - bummer.
The first concert was at the graduation for Guayna school - the one we sang at yesterday. It's at an InterContinental Hotel, absolutely gorgeous. Parked in front of the lobby is a Maybach, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce and another ostentatiously expensive car. The walls and floors are marble (my favorite), high ceilings, beautiful floral arrangements. The name of the hotel we are staying in is the RongCheng hotel, so many were calling this the RightCheng hotel. So man;y people are sick, but they all performed anyway, even Bree, Donna and Mia.
From there we went back to Luxe Hills, everyone thinks this reminds them of Irvine and the Spectrum. It does. We had catered McDonalds and then the concert started at 8 pm. This is quite a production, the stage is surrounded by water, they have huge light panels that change all the time, plus they also employ a smoke and bubble machine. The kids and Doc have fun with that. Tyler said it was difficult to stay balanced watching Doc through the bubbles. I promised Tyler I'd tape the concert and also promised others I'd take pictures with my still camera, it was quite a feat, sometimes I'd hold 2 cameras, sometimes Teresa would help me.
One thing I've noticed is how many people wear white gloves here - especially at Luxe Hills. The man working the guard shack at Luxe Hills, the security guard for the concert, very interesting.
The concert was over after 10 pm, we got back to the hotel at 11:3i0 and we have a 7:30 call time tomorrow morning
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment